Bible Verse of the Day

Matthew 21:22
"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting for my Visa

I have just arrived from the German Embassy. I brought my passport with me and surrendered it to them together with the information of my expected date of departure for Germany. Now, I will just sit down and wait for my passport with the visa to arrive. All is going well now. All is done with regards to my visa application.

I am now on the next stage - preparation for my resignation from my job. I feel sad because I will be leaving my colleagues whom I have worked with for almost 7 years(on September). Adding up to my sadness is leaving my mom here. When I informed her yesterday that I got a call from the German Embassy with regards to the approval of my visa, she was already sad because I am finally leaving her. I tried to cheer her up and make her understand that even at our present situation - my mom in Zamboanga City and me staying with my brother in Bulacan is almost the same as me going to Germany and her remaining in Zamboanga City. I said that distance is not a problem. Money is. Money to buy fares to be able to go to Manila or Zamboanga or anywhere else. And we can still send messages to each other via text.

I believe this is one of the big changes or move in anybody's life - migrating abroad and leaving our parents/love ones behind. Yet, it is also one good challenge which we have to learn to accept. Having this kind of sadness is a natural feeling. I guess, giving them the assurance that they will always be remembered in thoughts and prayers would help. As my Uncle Wes told me, "Anyway I am going away for the good reason." This will be the beginning of my new life as married. On the bright side, finally the end of waiting period to be living together with my sweetest husband has finally arrived. This temporary separation since a week after our wedding has been very difficult. We have been communicating everyday via text messaging, emails, ym chat and phone calls. The past two farewells with him has now ended. And this time, nobody is saying goodbye. We will finally be settling down together. All this time, I believe that God has been leading the way...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question. However, advertisements are not allowed.

Thanks,
Lucy

Quote of the Day

To remember everyday

Never underestimate the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Everybody can make the impossible things happen in the name of the Lord.